This week we explore New Years' Traditions around the world. Where is Hogmanay celebrated? Who celebrates the Festival of St. Basil? Why do people set off fireworks and make noise? (Other than the obvious answer of "Because they can, and it's fun.")
And what are the words to the other verses to "Auld Lang Syne"? Yes, it actually has more than one verse. Find out all this and more at the linked site, and have a happy and safe New Years' Celebration!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diagnosis: AuDHD
I’m learning more about myself. At least I’m understanding more about why I am the way I am. Hit me today while I was getting my nails don...
-
Saw this pic and I HAD TO post it here for Tom, just in case he didn't see it elsewhere. Hope this brightens your day a bit, buddy - an...
-
This is an extremely bizarre movie. For those of you that haven't seen it, Dustin Hoffman plays Mr. Magoriam, a magical man who owns a ...
-
(Thanks to Captain Spaulding for the idea). Happy Reformation Day! On October 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed a copy of his treatise on indu...
No comments:
Post a Comment