Thursday, April 12, 2012
Calling
One of the members of our congregation died yesterday. I was asked later on last night if I could play the organ for the funeral. I agreed, and I started thinking about it.
People have different callings. Some to be teachers, some pastors, some cooks, some parents, etc. The organ, and the playing thereof, is one of mine. And it's important to me - not just The Playing Of The Organ, but the making sure, whenever it is possible for me to do so, that grieving families don't have the added stress of a VERY limited selection of hymns / music for the funeral. Making sure that they don't have to make do with "canned" music. As I told Pastor:
"Not if it is within my power. NOT. ON. MY. WATCH."
It's important to me that the families have "live" music. Evidently...that is my calling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diagnosis: AuDHD
I’m learning more about myself. At least I’m understanding more about why I am the way I am. Hit me today while I was getting my nails don...
-
Saw this pic and I HAD TO post it here for Tom, just in case he didn't see it elsewhere. Hope this brightens your day a bit, buddy - an...
-
This is an extremely bizarre movie. For those of you that haven't seen it, Dustin Hoffman plays Mr. Magoriam, a magical man who owns a ...
-
(Thanks to Captain Spaulding for the idea). Happy Reformation Day! On October 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed a copy of his treatise on indu...
No comments:
Post a Comment