Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Software Review - "Reggy"

GEEK ALERT.
If you've never heard of regex, (regular expression), don't want to know, couldn't care less, then just skip this one. If you've never heard of it and are interested, here's the wiki article on regex, so you have a starting point and aren't totally lost.
It's basically a way to match text to a particular set of criteria, like "find all the vowels" or something like that.

I was looking for a simple Regex evaluator so I could test them and make sure that my expressions actually worked before I used them in automated testing. I didn't want my tests to fail just because I programmed the tester wrong!

And I swear, "reggy", the Regular Expression evaluator is the best thing EVER for this. http://reggyapp.com

Can't recommend it enough. You key in your expression in the top box, enter your text /whatever you want to match on the bottom, and it immediately shows you what (if anything) of your text matches your regex. Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...