Thursday, April 12, 2012

Calling

One of the members of our congregation died yesterday. I was asked later on last night if I could play the organ for the funeral. I agreed, and I started thinking about it. People have different callings. Some to be teachers, some pastors, some cooks, some parents, etc. The organ, and the playing thereof, is one of mine. And it's important to me - not just The Playing Of The Organ, but the making sure, whenever it is possible for me to do so, that grieving families don't have the added stress of a VERY limited selection of hymns / music for the funeral. Making sure that they don't have to make do with "canned" music. As I told Pastor: "Not if it is within my power. NOT. ON. MY. WATCH." It's important to me that the families have "live" music. Evidently...that is my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...