Wednesday, December 3, 2008

More Lessons

I've been learning something new lately. Permanent hardware in Surgical steel or whatever they used -- gets really cold, really fast. Even when implanted into one's body.
See, unfortunately, my leg-with-hardware is on the windward side of me when I'm walking INTO work - the colder of the two to-and-from trips - so it gets nailed with a LOT of cold wind. Which, I have found out, makes the plate and screws in my leg really cold. REALLY FAST. The first time it happened, it felt like someone had just stabbed me in the leg with an icicle. YOW.

I wonder if I can find a place that sells legwarmers. Man, those looked stupid when I wore them as a teenager. I'm pretty sure they'll look even stupider now, but I do not care. I bet it'll help...if I can find 'em in my size.

1 comment:

  1. Measure what you need, and I'll knit you one.

    (I can't imagine how cold that would feel, but it can't be good! I'll make something warm.)

    ReplyDelete

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...