Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Fashion is Stupid

I went looking for a pair of flannel pajamas over the weekend. First I checked with my favorite store - the Internet. Hrm....flannel bottoms, but no tops. O....kay.....
Let's try the store.
Walmart: flannel pajama pants.
Target: flannel pajama pants. Oh, and these "charming" little useless bits of cloth with spaghetti straps that were supposed to be paired with the flannel bottoms. Excuse me? If I'm buying flannel pajamas, I'm not making a freaking fashion statement, I'm trying to keep warm. How is that stupid little bit of nothing supposed to help keep me warm????

Oh, and my personal favorite: "thermal pajamas". Longjohns. They were longjohns in happy colors with little flowers and bunnies on them. Which did, in fact, come with thermal tops as well, so I was all prepared to buy them, not caring much what they looked like, as long as they keep me warm, but apparently fat people don't get cold enough to warrant warm bottoms and tops, since the largest size they had for these thermal jammies were a size medium. Fabulous.

I finally found something that might actually work, and it was on sale, so at least there's that. But come ON. Flannel bottoms with what looks like an attempt at a "sexxxaaaayyyyy" top? Please. I want warm, people, not "sexxxxaaayyy". Market your stupid sexxxay stuff all you want, but give us some warm stuff for on top to go with the warm stuff on bottom, hey? Sell 'em as Separates - that way you can still market your stupid "flannel bottoms and useless tops" to people who want that sort of thing, and the rest of us can have our flannel bottoms AND flannel tops.

3 comments:

  1. http://www1.macys.com/catalog/index.ognc?CategoryID=32921&PageID=141395719625186&kw=Pajamas%20%26%20Robes


    I've always had good luck with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hrm....the scotties are cute...but...that's a little spendy right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep it bookmarked, though. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...