Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Morning Musings

Okay, it's COLD outside. Not normal cold. Not something you can sing about. It's REALLY REALLY COLD. Nose-hair-freezing cold. Don't-go-outside-you-moron cold. So, of course, I went outside in it.
BUT, I have two - count 'em, TWO - lovely warm wool legwarmers that designatedknitter gave to me for my Robo-Leg so that my Metal Inserts don't get cold. And I gotta tell ya, after that looooong walk across the parking lots (about 1/3 mile or so) the ONLY thing that was warm was my right leg, between my knee and ankle. Coincidentally, that's the part that was covered by my two - count 'em, TWO - lovely wool legwarmers.

I also forgot my cane at home...so I'm having to be QUITE a bit more careful walking than I have had to be. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be good for me. Or something. Without the cane I do tend to "roll" from side to side, though, and i don't like doing that, so I'm working at not-rolling while walking. Which of course means I take a bit longer to walk anyway, so I'm out in the cold a bit longer. But at least RoboLeg isn't getting cold, because i have two - count 'em, TWO - lovely wool legwarmers.

Heard something incredibly stupid today on the radio. "Doctor Joel Wallick" was advertising for his new "energy pack". He's all about Colloidal Minerals and anti-doctor. Incidentally, the guy is a Veterinarian, not a people-doctor. And he's one I certainly wouldn't take my pets to see, I'll tell you what. This guy's new ad touts his energy pack that's made from "flower pollen." He even emphasizes that it's not made from BEE pollen - this is pollen that's taken right off the flowers! (Seriously, that's exactly what he says in the commercial. Just like that, too.)
Not bee pollen, flower pollen. News flash to the stupidpeople of the world: THIS GUY IS SNOWING YOU. Seriously. BEES DON'T MAKE pollen! They collect it from flowers. Right, just like "Doctor" Wallick. Only they're smaller. And probably smarter.

1 comment:

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...