Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Martin Luther's prayers

Morning Prayer:
I thank you, my Heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have kept me this night from all harm and danger. I pray that you would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please you. For into your hands I commend myself, my body and soul and all things. Let your holy angel be with me that the evil foe may have no power over me.
Amen.

Evening Prayer:
I thank you my Heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ your dear Son, that you have graciously kept me this day. I pray that you would forgive me all my sins where I have done wrong, and graciously keep me this night. For into your hands I commend myself, my body and soul and all things. Let your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...