Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Product Review: SYSCO Fat-Free Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing

Oh. My. Gosh.
This stuff is amazing. It is my Very Most Favoritest Salad Dressing EVER EVER EVER.
It's Fat-Free, it's Tomato Vinaigrette, and it's just wonderful.

It's a tangy, zippy dressing, without a whole lot of "sweet". I'm assuming there's some in there, but it's not terribly pronounced (as it can be in some other vinaigrettes I've tried). This means that it goes well with darn near anything in the way of salad contents.
I'd recommend using it with heartier salads, though - it'll completely overwhelm a lighter taste, like Iceberg or Butter lettuce. It works excellently with Spinach, or Mixed Greens. I haven't tried it with Romaine, but I expect that it'd work well there, too.

You can use a variety of salad "fixins", too - I've had it on everything from Kidney beans to mushrooms, to green peppers. It blends well with just about everything -- although I probably wouldn't recommend it if you're going to have "hot" or spicy items on your salad, such as Jalapeno or Banana Peppers.

Overall, it's an excellent Salad Dressing, and I'll be making plans to try and find a SYSCO retail outlet, so I can buy some for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...