Monday, November 24, 2008

I Have Laryngitis.

And it's entirely my own fault. I knew I was engaging in Risky Behavior when I did it. But I went ahead and took the chance anyway. I figured, what the heck, I haven't had a problem in the last 3-4 years, so maybe I'll get lucky again. Maybe the whole "laryngitis in November / December" trend is over, yeah?
So, even though I knew I was courting laryngitis, I went ahead. I committed to Engaging In Risky Behavior. You'd think I'd learn, wouldn't you? I mean, really, this does fall into the category of I Should Have Known Better. But noooo, I went ahead and did it. After all, I felt fine. Not even a little sniffle, for pete's sake! What could happen? No problem! And then, Saturday. A little cough...a little sniffle....turned into a big cough and getting hoarse.
Well, I'll just be careful. SURELY this can't turn into laryngitis overnight. I'll just get some orange juice tomorrow morning on my way to church. Laryngitis doesn't hit me that fast, I should be OK.

Remember, though, I was Engaging In Risky Behavior. Sure enough, I woke up Sunday morning with a good case of "Laryngitis on the way". You'd think I'd learn. You'd think I'd know. It's not like i haven't SEEN the trend. It's not like I don't know what causes it. But I still persist in Engaging In Risky Behavior. I still keep hoping that maybe this time, it'll be different. It never is.
Maybe, someday, eventually, I will learn.

NEVER, EVER commit to singing a solo in November or December.
For this is Engaging in Risky Behavior, and is always guaranteed to bring on laryngitis for the day of the solo. ALWAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...