Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I am Very Pleased With Myself

For now, anyway. This weekend I:

- Roasted a chicken, which we had for dinner on Saturday
- Made Chicken Pot Pie from scratch (including the crust, thankyouverymuch) for dinner Sunday. We both decided that MY from-scratch crust tasted way better, and was way flakier than the Pillsbury already-done ones. :: smug ::
- Made Chicken Stock from the bones of the chicken
- Made chicken soup from the stock and little bits of chicken. I did buy the noodles.

And it's really good chicken soup, too. Plus, there's still enough leftover chicken for another meal, and enough leftover soup for 2 more meals. Well...one meal, now, because I had some for lunch. AND I still have 2 containers of stock in the freezer! Omnomnom.

I did it All By Myself, too. We did the chicken the same way I do turkey - oil it, foil it, then roast it, and it worked out fairly well. Kev did help me oil-n-foil. And he made the bread that we had with dinner. But I'm pretty pleased about this - I came up with the ideas myself, I planned and executed them myself, and dinner turned out real tasty for several nights in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...