Monday, August 27, 2007

Sweet Corn & Sour Smells

Over the weekend, we went to a volunteer fire department fundraiser - an all-you-can-eat corn roast. They had pulled pork BBQ sandwiches, which were good, but Oh. My. Gosh. The corn. The corn was amazing. Fresh-picked that morning, we were told. As much as we wanted. More than we could eat. Speed-shucked, quick-cooked, and steamed to stay hot, with or without butter. (I took mine without. Totally unneccesary). I went back for thirds or something on the corn. I don't remember how many ears of corn I had, just that it was sooooooooo good. I have to get MORE CORN. I think it was the freshness that really did it.

Then, of course, we got rain. Fortunately, it was only about 1/2 hour or so, so hopefully the fundraiser didn't get rained out completely. But afterward...euchh. Outdoors now smells like slightly moldy vegetation. Down the street, where there are still really big puddles, it smells VERY sour, and mildewy. Bleachh. Hopefully things will dry out soon.

But oooohhhhh, that sweet corn. Fresh sweet corn. Yum. I gotta get me some more of that stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...