Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I been busy!

And not necessarily in a GOOD way. We HAD planned on a nice Memorial Weekend party. Unfortunately, when I jumped into the pool, I landed exactly wrong, for the first time EVER, and broke my ankle, but good. THAT was a rude and abrupt party welcome to Pastor, Lora and their kids!
Fortunately for me, Lora had the presence of mind to grab Kev's camera and take a couple pictures. Here's me getting loaded into the ambulance. Thanks, Lora! :D

Kev's got scans of my ankle X-ray's on his blog That first one is notated "14.5mm". The bone was over 1/2 inch out of location. Ewg. That explains why it hurt so bad!

Our friends have absolutely been great. Everyone took the abrupt end of the party graciously, and apparently they decided to take care of the food for us and put it away so it didn't go bad. Other friends rode in the ambulance with me and drove Kev down to the hospital, waited with us till my surgery was over, and then came back first thing the next day and sat with me in the room till I could leave.
We've had offers of food, errand-running, and any kind of help we might need. Thanks. We really appreciate it.

I'll probably post a pic of my foot later. It's all wrapped up in about forty miles of ACE bandages and plaster. Mentioning wrapping up, I'm watching a rerun of the Mummy Roadshow we taped earlier. Very cool. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, it takes a blogger to know that there is NOTHING more important than capturing the moment for the blog....

    I'm sick and I know it.

    All I can say is that everything else just seemed to be under control.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, and as I said on your blog...my first thought was "ooohhh, gross" - immediately followed by "I need a picture." :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! I read about this on RPW's blog first and didn't know it was you she was blogging about. Yeah, I'd want a pic for my blog too. I guess I'm sick as well.

    ReplyDelete

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...