Thursday, June 12, 2008

Great, fabulous people

So I've been going to FWO (Fort Wayne Orthopedic) for my ankle / leg...for The Catastrophe. These people have been great. Incredibly helpful, understanding, sympathetic...they've been handling all the interactions with my insurance company, have been explaining things all along as to what to expect, how to handle things, etc.
Yesterday I had to go back in for a consultation with the Physical Therapists about my RoboCast. I've been having some problems with pressure points, even though I'm not walking in it yet. She saw me without an appointment, (I'd say I was a "walk-in", but I was more like a "hop-in"), assessed and fixed the problem within a couple minutes, and told me if I had ANY more problems to call them right away and they'd fix it again. :)
The Physicians' side - well, I needed another note. I'm having too many problems with going to work, and they weren't real happy about me going back to work in the first place. The check in staff was extremely helpful, and when they learned I was expecting another note saying I should stay home, but that the nurse who had it was on lunch, they went back looking for her and the note so we didn't have to wait.
They explained exactly what I needed from them to file for Short-Term Disability, and all we had to do was bring in the paperwork. They're handling the rest, including filing it with my Insurance Company.
These people are the greatest. They're skilled, they're knowledgeable, and above all, they're compassionate.

If you ever need an Orthopedist, I recommend Fort Wayne Orthopedic. There aren't enough words to praise them highly enough. Their help and compassion has made a trying ordeal far, far easier on both Kev and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...