Thursday, January 3, 2008

Back to reality, and into the freezer

Yesterday marked the first day "back to reality-land": Back to work, normal schedules (well, sort of), and back to Indianapolis.
Sigh.
I miss home. I miss having my sweetie around when I get off work. I miss my dog. (No offense, Reg, but you're just not mine...)
I'm glad I'm staying where I am. They're really good people, great friends, and I'm helping them at least a little bit. That's good to know. God has me here, doing what I'm doing, being where I am, for a reason. It's just that...I still miss the things I want to have when I want them.
God provides what we need. He always does. Right now he's providing the support, encouragement and endurance we need because I am away from home part of the time.

And sometimes we are what he provides, rather than just receiving what he provides. I have to remember that, too.

On to more mundane items: what the heck is going on with the weather? It's single-digit temperatures out there! It's warmer - by far - in Fort Wayne, 150 miles north, thank you very much, than it is here! Sure, 12 or 14 isn't all that warm, but when OUR temperatures in Indy are "1 degree...4 degrees...area heat wave is 6 degrees" it sounds a heck of a lot better. And in 2 days it's supposed to be up in the forties? Eeeeeesh. Enough already! Bring back spring and summer! I want to go swimming, I'm tired of snow, I'm tired of being cold, and I'm tired of things looking dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...