Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Stick of the Baskervilles

..."Mr. Holmes, they were the prints of a giant hound!"
That phrase ends one chapter of the enduring story of The Hound of the Baskervilles, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. So, of course, I immediately thought of it when I saw glowing paw prints in the mail.

A dear friend did me an incredible honor: she hand-carved a hiking stick for me. She carved a dog's head on the top of it, carved and painted paw prints down the side (in glow-in-the-dark paint, of course :D) and carved and painted my geocaching handle down the stick.
Lilies of the valley adorn the stick, as does her avatar, a cute little mouse.

It is an incredibly gorgeous stick, and I just can't say enough nice things about it. I can't thank her enough for going to all this work, and for shipping it out to me.
Here are pictures of the stick.



Stick in a box!



Opening the box...





Outside with the Stick of the Baskervilles

2 comments:

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...