Saturday, January 5, 2008

OUT with the old, IN with the new

Or, Kev gets a new blanket.
I decided that I was tired of getting comforters and blankets for him that weren't what he wanted, and that self-disassembled in a short period of time, necessitating a replacement.
So...
I made one.
I've been cutting, sewing, adding, figuring, tying and calculating since October, getting this comforter assembled.
The Old:

THIS particular disassembly started happening almost right away. This is AFTER I've tried to fix it 3 times. You can see why I don't particularly want to purchase another one.

Kai, however, loves the old blanket and is here claiming it as his.

Aaaand heres' the new blanket. All the denim pieces are from old pairs of jeans, shorts, and jackets that we either found at yard sales or we already owned and donated to "the cause". The rest is random pieces of heavy-duty twill and camouflage material that we'd acquired already, for other projects.


I'd forgotten how much of a PROJECT doing one of these things is. Whoof.
But it's done! Yay! And Kev has a new blanket.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, shiny...er...quilty! Nice job, Kim! I'll bet that's warm, being made primarily of denim. Enjoy, Kev!

    ReplyDelete

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...