Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Pants

What the heck is up with the sizing of clothing lately? I've noticed this before, and it still makes no sense. I just got 2 new pairs of pants and they both are labeled "24W - Petite" (the "Petite" being the height). I'm 5'7" in just feet - no shoes on.
These "petite" pants are almost too long for me! These are the shortest ones they make in "full length" size, and they're almost too long! Were I even an inch shorter, these things would need alterations - or I'd be walking on them. This is crazy. These could probably be comfortably worn by someone at least 2 to 3 inches taller than I without looking like floods. Let's say 2 inches. So if the "Petite" pants are to be worn by people 5' 7" - 5' 9", then...the "Normal" ones are for 5' 9" to 5' 11"? And the "tall" pants are for who, the WNBA candidates?

Come on, clothiers! This is nuts! What are the "average" people supposed to wear - shorts? Capris? Oh wait, that was last years' styles. God forbid they need clothes this year. Make your pants to fit your customers! I can't believe that there are really a large number of WNBA candidates shopping at WalMart, and that nobody shorter than I am is needing pants. Stupid.

I'd also like to know why, if I buy the same design and cut in two different colors, one fits and one doesn't. Or worse yet, one is almost too big and the other one feels like I bought something two sizes too small. I know, I know, it's my fault for buying cheapo clothes, but in my experience, no matter how much I pay for a pair of pants or a skirt, it's going to last me about a year. I'm not paying $100 per skirt to have to replace them all next year, when I can get the same longetivity from a $10 skirt or pair of pants.

1 comment:

  1. Can I get an AMEN here Sistah?

    I'm 5'2" and you'd THINK that the "petite" sizes would be for someone of my (lack of) stature. Huh. I STILL have to roll things up 4 times.

    *sigh* They'll never get it.

    ReplyDelete

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...