Friday, July 18, 2008

More PT News

The Therapist was VERY pleased with my progress today. I've increased weights on all sides of my foot on the "foot-weighty-thingy" mentioned before. (Hey, I dunno what they call it. He calls it "The Machine".) He gave me more flexing exercises to do there, AND had me doing some stairs exercises without using my arms too much, and then a couple more strength exercises for at home.
The newest one involved standing at the kitchen counter or somewhere I can use for support, then going up on my tiptoes, then back down, then up on tiptoes again, and so on. Once that becomes easier, I can move to balancing on my right foot, and just going up on tiptoe on the RIGHT FOOT ONLY. Whoof. Considering my balance ain't the greatest at the best of times, this is gonna be tough to do. Which, I suppose, is rather the point.

Anyway, he was happy with the progress. Looks like I'll definitely be on track to going back to work on the 28th.
We did ask him about going to things like the local fairs, and he said sure, just don't overdo. Good thing, since I already went to the Noble County Fair, and he said that was a good one to go to and he said we were handling it properly - exercise and push as much as possible without overstressing it and injuring it more.

So...yay! More positive progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...