Sunday, July 13, 2008

More updates

Another update on, guess what, yeah, my ankle. Oh come on, you can't pretend you're surprised. That's pretty much what's occupying my time lately, innit?

Anyway. ANOTHER significant piece of progress today - I climbed the stairs to the balcony at church! All 17 of them! Yes, of course I counted. Did you really expect anything different? Anyway, I made it up with the help of the handrail and the cane. I practiced on the organ, and I figure I should be OK to play and back up to speed by the time August rolls around. AND I got to play my flute for service today! Yay!

The sermon today, by the way, was excellent. Pastor talked about the Parable of the Sower (it was the Gospel lesson.) He pointed out that there's always time for us to not only be the fertile soil, but to fall back into being the rocky, weed and thorn-choked soil. But Christ saves us from that! We have to be careful not to compare our "thorns" to someone else's, though. What seems easy to us (their thorns) is very difficult for them - and our very-difficult-to-deal-with-thorns are probably no big deal for someone else. I always appreciate his sermons; they get us to look just a little bit differently at the readings, and get us out of the "well, of course this is what that means because it's always meant just that."

Immerse yourself in the Word, and by the grace of God you will be fertile soil. Thanks be to God!

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention he's awfully cute in that green chasuble....

    Well, maybe others don't necessarily see him the way I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...