Wednesday, October 15, 2014

2 weeks after

Well...
I've been told I should chart my progress.  So I guess I will.  Such as it is.  I'm sure many of the posts on this blog are going to be whiny and depressing and will inspire anyone who reads it to think "jeez, just get OVER IT already and post about something NOT "oh poor me"", but that's where I am right now.

2 weeks have gone by since Kev died.  1 week since the funeral service.
Last night was a bad night.
Not much sleep, and what I did get was not GOOD sleep.
Yesterday was a decent day; I was in at least an even mood for most of the day...but last night, I turned out the light and everything slammed into me.  After sobbing for about half an hour, in which I could barely even move, let alone call anyone, it stopped.  I was "OK" after that, but calling anyone or talking to anyone would've just reopened everything and my head was already pounding so I just read for a bit to try to settle down.
Because of that, I didn't actually get to sleep until after midnight and I think I woke up about a berjillion times.  So....yeah, today is not a good day, either.

I am going to check the schedule and see if there's leeway to take tomorrow all day and maybe Friday morning off, so I can have some "down time" for a bit.  I don't know if it'll help, but I do know the sleep / rest will.

Plus, cleaning.  I need to get more cleaned up.  Not just want...NEED.

And I gotta hit eBay and check out the going rate on some of the stuff I want to get rid of, like the Roleplaying books...although I do plan to give certain people first crack at them (Tom, Kae, looking at you...let me know if you're interested and I'll send you a list of what I can find.  It's not all D&D stuff).

Anyway, that's where I am today.  The light at the end of the tunnel was a train, and it hit me at full speed last night.  To quote the great Egon Spengler: "I feel like the floor of a taxicab."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...