Saturday, October 25, 2014

whining

Watched Mission Impossible 3 last night.  Decent movie, if one is willing to accept that the MI movies are basically 2 hours of movie tropes strung together (which I was), and it's a fun ride.
Till the end.  Ethan Hunt delivers a big jolt of electricity to himself to deactivate some doober that was implanted in his head before it kills him.  The electricity stops his heart.  His wife starts CPR (totally unrealistic representation of it, obviously, but moving on...)
Since it was so unreal I was pretty much OK with it, until I was alone and then...wow.  "Flash back" to September 28 in the ER at DeKalb, when they were doing CPR on Kevin.
Needless to say, it wasn't a good night for me...and today I'm even more scattered than I have usually been lately.
So.  End of whine for now, I suppose, except to say that this just pervades every aspect of my life right now.  I'm sure it will for a VERY long time...but it sucks to realize that even when I try to get away for a few hours and enjoy myself, even that can (and will) have repercussions and pound me when I'm not expecting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...