Thursday, October 23, 2014

My brain is a jerk

Trying to get enough sleep this week has been...only moderately successful.  During the day, while I'm doing things, I can generally focus enough on what I'm doing to keep moving along.  Once the lights go off, though, and I can start to relax, my brain waits.
Waits until I'm starting to drift off.
Then - oh, then.

That is when it decides to replay the beginning and the end of the most horrible three days of my life.
"Hey, remember this?  Remember Kevin's heart stopping in the emergency room?  Remember THAT?"
Brain, we're not going to think about that.  I need some sleep.  Switching to hiking with Jeremy.
"Oh, Okay, we can do hiking with Jeremy.  RIGHT AFTER I REMIND YOU OF THE NEUROLOGIST TELLING YOU THERE WAS NO BRAIN ACTIVITY AND NO BLOOD CIRCULATION IN HIS BRAIN."
Seriously, brain, KNOCK IT OFF.
"No."

So, yeah...the only strategy I have right now is to read until I'm dang near falling asleep anyway and hoping that maybe THIS time I can get to sleep without that.  Doesn't usually work, but I keep hoping.

Anyway.  My brain is a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...