Monday, October 27, 2014

We humans are, at heart, social creatures.  Even the most introverted of us need human interaction from someone.  If I were discussing canids, I'd probably refer to it as "pack" - and since that's the best analogy I can come up with, I'm gonna use it.

My "pack" is gone.  For more than 25 years I was part of the "Kim&Kev" pack.  Now...it's just "Kim".  So there's a part of me that is not only mourning the loss of Kevin, but is also frantically casting around for another "pack" to be a part of.  Not sure what to do about that.  Continue to hang out with friends is a good start, though.  And I do have many people who have volunteered their time to let me hang out with them.  :)  It's not the same, but then again, I didn't expect it to be.  I can't do that all the time, though - for one thing, it's not fair to Jeremy, who has also lost the primary member of his pack, the one that was always there.  I can't just run off and tend to MY needs without considering his.  It's not fair to him to leave him home alone all the time - I'm already gone at work during the week, and he needs some interaction too.  He's the most social dog we've ever had, and the poor dog needs more interaction than I've been able to give him lately.  So I'm working on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grief

Grief is a silent, indisious destroyer. Grief is a noisy explosion. Grief is a dark, dank pit with no way out. Grief is huge and overwhel...